This weekend I caught a nasty cold but that didn’t stop me from craving something sweet. For some reason a milkshake sounded AMAZING but I don’t usually eat a lot of dairy (besides cheese) so I needed to come up with an alternative. I started to search the internet for inspiration and ran across this yummy looking recipe over at A Beautiful Mess.
I made a few adjustments to get the consistency I wanted and it totally hit the spot. Plus I can rest assured that even though I’m sick I’m still putting some healthy items into my body. Plus is tastes better than the Theraflu I’ve been drinking the past few days.
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons nut butter (I used Adam’s 100% Natural Peanut Butter)
- Break up the frozen banana into chunks and place in your blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend.
- Add extra almond milk to adjust consistency if your milkshake is too thick.
I hope you enjoy this sweet treat! It’s definitely helping my sore throat feel better.